Prevention and Control of Water Pollution:
- Reuse of water whenever possible, Kitchen water can be
used for watering the plants
- Plan your kitchen activity to avoid wastage of fuel and water.
- Fix leaks promptly. A dripping joint can waste more than
76 liters of water a day.
- Take showers instead of baths. Showers use less water –
if you limit them to five minutes. Install low-flow shower-heads.
- Plastic materials can be a murder weapons for wildlife,
minimise their use. Blown from land and roadsides, they
often end up in the water, where they can entangle and
kill birds and fishes.
- Use sprinkler for irrigation.
- Use scientific method of application fertilizers.
- While shaving, use mug instead running hose.
- Don’t keep on the tap running while having, bath, brushing teeth, or washing dishes it wastes about 2 liters of water every minute.
- Don’t hose down your lawn or corridor to clean it. Sweep it off.
- Don’t wash the clothes and kitchen utensils in the water bodies.
- Don’t litter. When camping, keep the areas clean.
- Avoid throwing flowers, sweets, puja materials into a river. It will degrade the quality of water. The river wont be happy with this.
- Avoid throwing dead bodies in a river. These will ultimately landing in the mouth of dogs, vultures & other animals. Do you like it to happen with your bodies.
- Never dump anything into the water bodies.
- Avoid use of weedicides.