Let’s Start from Home:
- Use mug instead of running tap while brushing teeth.
- While watering plants, instead of running hose, use water cane.
- Use a toilet flush which consumes less water.
- Carry cloth, jute or paper bag to the market.
- Use dustbin for garbage disposal.
- Plant a garden. Even in urban settings, you can grow herbs
and flowers in pots.
- Wear extra-layer of clothes at home instead of turning up
- While shaving, use mug instead running hose.
- If you have a choice, pick paper bags over plastic bags
at the grocer and elsewhere if you do take plastic bags, wash
and reuse them.
- While taking bath, don’t use shower run for long.
- Don’t allow water overflow from the over head tank.
- Don’t buy loud crackers during Deepawali.
- For washing floor, Don’t use running hose use mop and bucket.
- Don’t junk things break rather think to fix them.
- Avoid unnecessary use of lights and fans.
- Don’t louder the volume of your TV, radio and music system.
- Never leave food residue in your plate uneaten.
- Don’t over packaged’ goods and foods. Containers and packaging make up about a quarter of the waste stream.